One of the critical sicknesses we deal with in the modern age relates to Obesity. The occurrence of Obesity increased significantly, with individuals struggling to live a healthy lifestyle. Why do we strive to keep ourselves healthy? Several reasons exist, and one of them relates to our ability to eat more than our bodies can process. The article below describes the causes of Obesity and how we should avoid them.
What does Obesity mean?
Obesity consists of a chronic medical condition because of an overly quantity of fat build up in our bodies. In many countries, the issue changed into a national problem with individuals overeating junk food. Besides these so-called junk foods, we also abstain from proper and regular exercise. This means we do not burn the calories daily to allow us a balanced and healthy body.
During some instances, people become obese because of genetics and require additional help from professionals to lower their BMI levels.
What are Obesity Risk Factors?
If our bodies become overweight, and we struggle to maintain a balanced lifestyle, the medical risk factors increase drastically. We start to experience a list of other added sicknesses, for example, cancer, heart problems, high cholesterol, increased blood pressure, and we become diabetic.
What causes Obesity?
A diversity of reasons exist why Obesity occurs. It remains a complicated situation, and a variety of factors exist why we become significantly overweight. Some of the factors we refer to include the following:
- As we become older, we decrease our activity levels and our metabolism rate. This means our bodies prevent from burning calories, and our added energies quickly become stored as fat.
- During the modern ages, we struggle to sleep because of stress and anxiety. What happens? We sleep less and snack more to feel better.
- We revert to a poor diet lifestyle and live on refined foods, too much sugar content, energy snacks or drinks, and high carbohydrate type meals.
- One of the critical factors to remember relates to our body size and make-up. Not all of us fall in the smaller size category and our bodies take longer to process our calorie intake.
How to Avoid Obesity
To avoid Obesity, a person needs to focus on methods of precaution or aftercare. Critical Actions to take include a total lifestyle change consisting of the following:
- Visit your health practitioner and ask for professional advice in terms of dietary and other physical concerns.
- If you struggle with mental health challenges, for example, depression, a person requires professional support from a psychologist. Another possibility is to discuss it with your doctor first.
- Make a booking at a dietician and ask for a meal plan. The dietician’s role becomes two ways. On the one end, they guide us in terms of the most proper food types to eat, but they also support us during our journey. Losing weight stays a tough environment, and if we struggle with Obesity, it becomes a lot more challenging to deal with.
- Work out an exercise plan aligned with your physical condition. Discuss with your doctor a suitable exercise plan aligned with your health conditions. An obese person should remain cautious of their situation and when exercising, take advice from a professional. The trainer in coordination with a doctor should supply the necessary aids individuals need to exercise without straining their bodies.
Extreme Measures to Avoid Obesity
A range of extreme measures started to surface and help obese individuals to reach their weight goals. I refer to these measures as excessive and therefore would not recommend them without approval from a doctor.
- Obesity and Surgery
Individuals who struggle with a high BMI level may revert to bariatric surgery options. These include resizing your stomach to eat less or adjust a person’s gastric band.
- Obesity and Medicines
Individuals with a BMI rate of over 30 may receive the opportunity to revert to medicine intake. The use of medicines to lose weight assists people to feel full much quicker than individuals who follow a health and lifestyle weight loss program.
Individuals who decide to follow the medicine intake route should consider those aftereffects that may happen. Some of these aftereffects include diarrhea, sleep problems, and high blood pressure. It, therefore, stays critical to discuss with your health practitioner first. Some of these medicines lead to feelings of anxiety and depression. If a person already struggles with mental health, it should not revert to extreme medicines without help from the health practitioners.
The most common cause of Obesity and how to avoid them stays in a complicated situation. Any person who struggles with Obesity knows the challenges, the mental complexities, and the sicknesses associated with it. Obesity happens for many reasons, from genetics to overeating. It stays best to set goals to lose weight and prevent us from becoming obese in an already stressed world environment.